Hidden file backup/restore

I backed up files that I marked "hidden" or "read only" and my system
crashed. The only restore I had was through backup. The backup I did
included my personal settings but I am unable to access any of these marked
files. Is it hopeless?

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421
811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

--