Index dat.file

May 24, 2005 6:57:04 PM

I've tried all the suggestions to get rid of this file in cookies folder and
so far it's still there. I've rebooted in safe mode, ran countless spyware
prgrams and it's still there, please, anyone out there have any new ideas of
how to get rid of this file/cookie.

More about : index dat file

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:27:53 PM

index.dat is a file. There are probably many on your machine.

Do not delete the index.dat file from >>
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\OfflineCache
this will cause msinfo32.exe to work incorrectly.

Index.dat Suite
[[Index.dat Suite is a rather unique program that allows you not only to
delete the index.dat files, temporary internet files, temp files, cookies
and history, but it also allows you to view the index.dat files on your
system.]]
http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Home

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1B99F8AF-48BB-45B7-89EE-9516DAD08110@microsoft.com,
rislab@hotmail.com <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> I've tried all the suggestions to get rid of this file in cookies folder
> and so far it's still there. I've rebooted in safe mode, ran countless
> spyware prgrams and it's still there, please, anyone out there have any
> new ideas of how to get rid of this file/cookie.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:57:40 PM

I won't delete any file that I know is related to the running of my computer.
I forgot to say that the file in question is in my cookies folder, it has
been there for some time now. I know it's a tracking cookie and that it's
been sending info to who ever put it there. I want it off of my computer.
So I'll try what you have suggested and see what happens. I did down load 3S
and for some reason or another it also has failed to delete this file. I've
added it to the user defined folders and the path is checked, under the
heading of Filter there is this *.* am I suppose to type something other
then just that. If so, what. Billy I'm not but I'm not a total idiot
either, so simply instructions I can follow. Hey look I even got the clocks
to work on both VCR's. Thanks for the help and enjoy the four day weekend.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> index.dat is a file. There are probably many on your machine.
>
> Do not delete the index.dat file from >>
> C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\OfflineCache
> this will cause msinfo32.exe to work incorrectly.
>
> Index.dat Suite
> [[Index.dat Suite is a rather unique program that allows you not only to
> delete the index.dat files, temporary internet files, temp files, cookies
> and history, but it also allows you to view the index.dat files on your
> system.]]
> http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Home
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:1B99F8AF-48BB-45B7-89EE-9516DAD08110@microsoft.com,
> rislab@hotmail.com <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
> pecked:
> > I've tried all the suggestions to get rid of this file in cookies folder
> > and so far it's still there. I've rebooted in safe mode, ran countless
> > spyware prgrams and it's still there, please, anyone out there have any
> > new ideas of how to get rid of this file/cookie.

May 28, 2005 2:20:13 PM

What is 3S?

Congrats on the VCR clocks. :-)

The asteresk (*) is a wildcard. It can be used to substitute for any number
of charcters.

*.* will find almost anything in that particular folder.

Using wildcard characters

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:44E3ED48-0CDF-4A54-A027-6690D486F8A2@microsoft.com,
rislab@hotmail.com <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> I won't delete any file that I know is related to the running of my
> computer. I forgot to say that the file in question is in my cookies
> folder, it has been there for some time now. I know it's a tracking
> cookie and that it's been sending info to who ever put it there. I want
> it off of my computer. So I'll try what you have suggested and see what
> happens. I did down load 3S and for some reason or another it also has
> failed to delete this file. I've added it to the user defined folders
> and the path is checked, under the heading of Filter there is this *.*
> am I suppose to type something other then just that. If so, what. Billy
> I'm not but I'm not a total idiot either, so simply instructions I can
> follow. Hey look I even got the clocks to work on both VCR's. Thanks
> for the help and enjoy the four day weekend.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> index.dat is a file. There are probably many on your machine.
>>
>> Do not delete the index.dat file from >>
>> C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\OfflineCache
>> this will cause msinfo32.exe to work incorrectly.
>>
>> Index.dat Suite
>> [[Index.dat Suite is a rather unique program that allows you not only to
>> delete the index.dat files, temporary internet files, temp files, cookies
>> and history, but it also allows you to view the index.dat files on your
>> system.]]
>> http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Home
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:1B99F8AF-48BB-45B7-89EE-9516DAD08110@microsoft.com,
>> rislab@hotmail.com <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
>> and pecked:
>>> I've tried all the suggestions to get rid of this file in cookies folder
>>> and so far it's still there. I've rebooted in safe mode, ran countless
>>> spyware prgrams and it's still there, please, anyone out there have any
>>> new ideas of how to get rid of this file/cookie.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:06:21 PM

3S was a program called Sortware Suite, which failed to remove this file. I
went to the link in your first reply and downloaded Index.Dat Suite. It also
has failed to remove this file. I'm open for the next step in getting this
file out of my cookie folder. Thanks for all of your help and enjoy today to
it's fullest.

!