defragmenter not working

hello,

i've tried lately to defragment my hard disks , but whenever i click analyze
or defragment i get an error massage saying "disk defragmenter could not
start".does anyone know how to fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about defragmenter working

    First run disk clean up utility,then go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
    Defrag C:

    "charisma" wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > i've tried lately to defragment my hard disks , but whenever i click analyze
    > or defragment i get an error massage saying "disk defragmenter could not
    > start".does anyone know how to fix this?

    actually i tried doing that as well, but the same thing happens..i get the
    same error massage..

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > First run disk clean up utility,then go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
    > Defrag C:
    >
    > "charisma" wrote:
    >
    > > hello,
    > >
    > > i've tried lately to defragment my hard disks , but whenever i click analyze
    > > or defragment i get an error massage saying "disk defragmenter could not
    > > start".does anyone know how to fix this?

Support Defragment Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP