lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

my computer starts up but then before it will load windows my screen gos
black with a little white minus line in top left corner it wont let me do
anything i press f8 and it still does not do anything what could this be

Reinstall XP
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"lost" <lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer starts up but then before it will load windows my screen gos
> black with a little white minus line in top left corner it wont let me do
> anything i press f8 and it still does not do anything what could this be

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

i cant reinstall windows xp i dont have the cd and i have no recovery i
bought the computer with windows installed and i did not make a recovery disk
my dum fault i know but if there is anyone who can help i would greatly
appreciate it thanx