Closed

Search Option Not Working

Dan_872 Wrote:
> When I click on the start menu, then search the window comes up and only
> shows the blue part with the dog. There is no way to type in what I
> want to search for. Can this promble be fixed?

Problem, not promble

--
Dan_872
10 answers Last reply

    c:\windows\infpress enter this will open the inf folder

    -> Right click on the srchasst.inf file and select install option

    -> Load the XP CD in the CD ROM when asked and press OK or if you have dump of XP on your system then give the path

    example d:\windows\i386 and press enter

    -> It will automatically install the missing file for your search option and your search option start working
  2. Your Search Option is not working dont worry just do this ...all your worries will be finished.

    START -- > RUN --->
    regsvr32 wshom.ocx
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    Also, you had to restart PC to make it work.

    That't it Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Thanks Dear,
    It worked for me...
  4. START -- > RUN --->
    regsvr32 wshom.ocx
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    Also, you had to restart PC to make it work.

    That't it Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh dear... I was lookin fr an answer and I Got it.. You r jus too gud..
  5. it worked....wow great///thanks buddy :bounce: :)
  6. Thanks for the help.
    Appreciate your time.
  7. Thanks its working
  8. Quote:
    Your Search Option is not working dont worry just do this ...all your worries will be finished.

    START -- > RUN --->
    regsvr32 wshom.ocx
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    Also, you had to restart PC to make it work.

    That't it Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Thank You all. Its worked for me.

    Now I have runned it on my network.

    Great you all are...... :hello:

    :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :love: :) :(

Support Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP