Noobie question about Jamma boards

I have an Arkanoid Revenge of Doh which has a Jamma board. Can I just
plug in a Goindal Jamma board into the harness and play the game
without changing any controls or settings? Do all Jamma boards
interchange without modifications?

Do a google search in this newsgroup. also, look at klov and see if the
pinout 's are listed there. Don't take this the wrong way, but if your
going to be in this hobby, you need to learn how to find this stuff out
before asking.

-isaac

I did a search and couldn't find the answer so I thought I would ask
(Isn't that what this board is for). The seller didn't know the answer
either and he seems to be involved in the hobby. Don't take this the
wrong way, but if you are annoyed by people asking questions then maybe
you should not spend time looking at posts that are obviously way below
someone of your great intellect.

Vizilla wrote:
> Do a google search in this newsgroup. also, look at klov and see if the
> pinout 's are listed there. Don't take this the wrong way, but if your
> going to be in this hobby, you need to learn how to find this stuff out
> before asking.
>
> -isaac

try a web search then. This isn't hard stuff to find. Thats what bugs
me. A search should yield what your looking for.

-isaac

Don't worry, Kaz, I'll be happy to answer your question.

In theory, since Revenge of Doh and GoinDol are both Jamma boards that
use a spinner and one button, there should be absolutely no
modification required to the jamma harness - just plug and play.

At the very least, you won't hurt your board if you plug it into the
jamma harness on your Revenge of Doh machine.

Good luck.

If your Arkanoid Revenge of Doh uses a spinner then, no, you won't be
able to play other jamma boards without changing the control systm
since jamma is by definition an 8 way joystick and up to 3 buttonsper
player, 2 player max.

Anything else isn't jamma, whatever you may read.

Of course there are plenty of variations and mild distractions from
jamma such as stereo, four buttons per player. More players. But then
you get into the whole world of how your cab may or may not be wired up
to cope with them.

That's probably the best you're going to get without more info...

HIH,
Martin.

If your Arkanoid Revenge of Doh uses a spinner then, no, you won't be
able to play other jamma boards without changing the control systm
since jamma is by definition an 8 way joystick and up to 3 buttonsper
player, 2 player max.

Anything else isn't jamma, whatever you may beleive.

Of course there are plenty of variations and mild distractions from
jamma such as stereo, four buttons per player. More players. But then
you get into the whole world of how your cab may or may not be wired up
to cope with them.

That's probably the best you're going to get without more info...

HIH,
Martin.

Depending on wich version of Goindol you have. There are two and have
owned both. One is custom the other is jamma. Dont just plug it in.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=6917

The manual for arkanoid is there

http://coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/pinouts/goindol.txt

Actually i see some one who has a Arkanoid 2(revenge of doh) and
goindol in the same cab. Some one has allready done it.
http://thebrokenjoystick.com/pictures/gone-goindol

I was really trying to encorage people to find this out for themselves.
Unless there is a real question there like if the spinner is
incompatible or there might be a non-conforming version as arcade guy
says.

-isaac

Thanks for being so uplifting and humble, Matt. I appreciate your
constructive criticism.

That's very nice Corey... too bad it's the wrong answer.

Isaac, you'd be wise to take Vizilla's advice and do the search (a Google newsgroup search for "goindol" and "doh" will give you the
answer you're looking for, at the top of the list even). You'll feel empowered! ;-)

If you still need help then definitely post here. Another piece of advice though; choose your subject line wisely so as to attract
the right people. I stumbled across this thread by accident.... If I had seen "TECH: Can I run Goindol on a Revenge of Doh
harness?" then I, as well as others who have some interest in spinner games, would have been more likely to read your post.

Matt

"Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in message news:1118681195.831823.190350@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Don't worry, Kaz, I'll be happy to answer your question.
>
> In theory, since Revenge of Doh and GoinDol are both Jamma boards that
> use a spinner and one button, there should be absolutely no
> modification required to the jamma harness - just plug and play.
>
> At the very least, you won't hurt your board if you plug it into the
> jamma harness on your Revenge of Doh machine.
>
> Good luck.

Arkanoid Revenge of DOH is Jamma and here are the diferences on GoinDol. you
can find that manual here with pinouts..... http://www.crazykong.com/

Differences from JAMMA standard:

Parts Side:
Pin 8 2P.Pilot Lamp