no sound since installing xp pro??

hi guys and girls, sorry if this seems the wrong place to post this but
i am fairly new to this.
i have just installed xp pro onto my laptop on which i did have xp home
edition. since the installation i have got no sound at all.
in control panel it does not recognise that speakers are attached even
though they are built in to the damn thing!! :confused:
i'm not sure what the correct name for the speakers is so cannot
perform a search or anything. it is a toshiba satelite pro.

please help!!?

--
martinbliss

martinbliss Wrote:
> hi guys and girls, sorry if this seems the wrong place to post this but
> i am fairly new to this.
> i have just installed xp pro onto my laptop on which i did have xp home
> edition. since the installation i have got no sound at all.
> in control panel it does not recognise that speakers are attached even
> though they are built in to the damn thing!! :confused:
> i'm not sure what the correct name for the speakers is so cannot
> perform a search or anything. it is a toshiba satelite pro.
>
> please help!!?

Did you upgrade or do a complete re-installation? If the latter, you
probably need to add specific drivers. IIRC, Toshiba machines ship with
a recovery CD which restores them to factory state, so you may need to
dig a bit to get the drivers. Have to tried adding hardware manually
through Control Panel?

--
Rik Bean