Windowed Mode - I know it's been done before!!!

OK - I seem to be having trouble running my FM2005 in windowed mode!

I managed it on the Demo, but now have the full game and can't seem to
get it working!

I've opened the properties of the Shortcut on my desktop - and changed
the Target as...

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe"
-windowed

Is this correct?

I've also tried unchecking the Full Screen in the preferences of the game.

My screen resolution is 1024*768 - so shouldn't be a problem there!

Any help would be great :)

Cheers,

Tobes

"Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> OK - I seem to be having trouble running my FM2005 in windowed mode!
>
> I managed it on the Demo, but now have the full game and can't seem to get
> it working!
>
> I've opened the properties of the Shortcut on my desktop - and changed the
> Target as...
>
> "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager
> 2005\fm2005.exe" -windowed
>
> Is this correct?
>
> I've also tried unchecking the Full Screen in the preferences of the game.
>
> My screen resolution is 1024*768 - so shouldn't be a problem there!
>
> Any help would be great :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tobes

wasn't it (from head) -window

It should be in a readme somewhere

On Tue, 03 May 2005 12:13:24 +0100, Toby Briggs
<toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote:

>OK - I seem to be having trouble running my FM2005 in windowed mode!
>
>I managed it on the Demo, but now have the full game and can't seem to
>get it working!
>
>I've opened the properties of the Shortcut on my desktop - and changed
>the Target as...
>
>"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe"
>-windowed
>
>Is this correct?
>
>I've also tried unchecking the Full Screen in the preferences of the game.
>
>My screen resolution is 1024*768 - so shouldn't be a problem there!
>
>Any help would be great :)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Tobes

hmmm, might be cos its a 1024*768 size window.......

is this on your laptop?
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

you need to set more than 1024x768 resolution to be able to set windowed
mode

"GargoyleBG" <minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote in message
> you need to set more than 1024x768 resolution to be able to set windowed
> mode

Yes, but once you've sucsessfully set the flag, you can change your
resoloution to anything you like and it'll still work. I run mine windowed
at 1024x768, but every time I need to re-install for some reason or another
I can't change back to windowed mode until I remember, change my resoloution
temporarily, set windowed mode, then change back and it's cool. :)

Of course if your on a laptop and it's screed doesn't support that your only
option will be to port into an external monitor, set it, then you'll be cool
for the laptop monitor.

--
Fil

På Tue, 03 May 2005 13:13:24 +0200, skrev Toby Briggs
<toby.briggs@gmail.com>:

> OK - I seem to be having trouble running my FM2005 in windowed mode!
>
> I managed it on the Demo, but now have the full game and can't seem to
> get it working!
>
> I've opened the properties of the Shortcut on my desktop - and changed
> the Target as...
>
> "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe"
> -windowed
>
> Is this correct?
>
> I've also tried unchecking the Full Screen in the preferences of the
> game.
>
> My screen resolution is 1024*768 - so shouldn't be a problem there!
>
> Any help would be great :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tobes

I think the "lowest" resolution is 1280 for windowed mode...

Sunhill

--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

You can do it in 1024x768

add this to your shortcut:

-small_screen -windowed