  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
March 10, 2005 1:38:50 AM

Is Geil a high quality brand for memories. Will it work as good as Crucial
in Dell 4600. Thanks in advance.

More about : geil memory dell 4600

Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 10, 2005 2:02:22 AM

It is a good name brand for enthusiast systems (overclocking) but
usually will not work properly in Dell systems. If you have PC3200 RAM,
make sure it's CL-3 and not 2.5 or 2.0.

If you face a restocking fee if it doesn't work, pass on it and buy from
Crucial or Kingston (KTD Dell-spec RAM).

AJ wrote:
> Is Geil a high quality brand for memories. Will it work as good as Crucial
> in Dell 4600. Thanks in advance.

March 10, 2005 2:27:58 AM

> It is a good name brand for enthusiast systems (overclocking) but
> usually will not work properly in Dell systems. If you have PC3200 RAM,
> make sure it's CL-3 and not 2.5 or 2.0.

The specs are:

GeIL 5ns 32x8 Density DDR Chip.
6 Layers Low Noises Shielded PCB.
CAS 2.5 8-4-4 @ DDR400MHz PC3200 2.55v-2.85V

It is CL 2.5. I need DDR 400 PC 3200. I will look for CL-3.

Thanks.
!