i am new to these boards
and i just bought a new pc on line for my friend and it has arrived and
the os is linspire .... now i have never heard of it but as i have been
looking on the web about it lots of people think it is wonderful but i
amafraid i do not and i have tried to install windows xp proffessional
on but the linspire won't let you do anything it won't detect it and i
just want rid of it and my wonderful xp putting on as xp is easy to use
and this linspire is complicated please does anyone know how i can get
linspire off and xp on
royaljuz x

--
royaljulz

Insert your XP installation CD, reboot into BIOS and set the boot order
first to the CD. Save to new bios configuration and exit bios, you should
now boot into Windows Setup. You'll want to format the drive for NTFS and
this will erase Linspire.

royaljulz Wrote:
> i am new to these boards
> and i just bought a new pc on line for my friend and it has arrived and
> the os is linspire .... now i have never heard of it but as i have been
> looking on the web about it lots of people think it is wonderful but i
> amafraid i do not and i have tried to install windows xp proffessional
> on but the linspire won't let you do anything it won't detect it and i
> just want rid of it and my wonderful xp putting on as xp is easy to use
> and this linspire is complicated please does anyone know how i can get
> linspire off and xp on
> royaljuz x

Royaljulz,
If you think Linspire is complicated, then I suggest you take your
friends PC to a local computer shop and have them format the hard drive
& install XP for you. Hey, this could be a new reality show! "I'm in
over my head." :p
I know the lower cost of buying this computer was originally
attractive, the cost of having a local computer shop install XP should
only drive up the cost a little. That's assuming you have a valid
installation disk for XP. (you can't use a copy from another computer)
Good Luck,
Treeman

--
Treeman