Can't change Display Resolution!! Please HELP!!

Hello,
I have a Dell dimension 4600 w/ a pentium 4 2.4ghz with the GeForce FX
5200 128mb version. I have windows XP SP2. Lastnight, my computer
restarted, and when it was completely back on again, my display
settings had been changed to either 640x480 or 800x600 from 1280x1124.
WHen I go into the display settings window, the "settings" tab is not
there and I cannot change the resolution. I also tried to go into the
control panel to edit the resolution via the Nvidia card manager where
you can turn Nview, etc.. off and on. The problem with that is that
the graphics card manger does not show up there either. Is there a
setting somewhere that blocks even administrators and the mastor admin
acco**** from changing these settings? PLEASE HELP! I have already
called dell and they could not figure out how to fix it.

--
jmalinaric

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

Can you uninstall the video card from within control panel?

Windows should find it again when you reboot.