Liverpool v Chelsea

"Mark Goodge" <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:nvkf7150ddouaa6qsm16aod8a7bgvdic9r@news.markshouse.net...
> That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>
> Mark
> --
> http://photos.markshouse.net - see my world!
> "Would you save my soul, tonight?"

Remind me of the faked Brazil vs. Norway match on a WC which Norway won with
3-2.

FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.

For an objective watcher the match was rather bad, more excitement than good
football..

"Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote in message

> "Mark Goodge" <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>> That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>>
>> Mark
>> --
>> http://photos.markshouse.net - see my world!
>> "Would you save my soul, tonight?"
>
> Remind me of the faked Brazil vs. Norway match on a WC which Norway won
> with 3-2.
>
> FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.
>
> For an objective watcher the match was rather bad, more excitement than
> good football..

Beaten by 30, 000 linesmen in the Kop

Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote in

> That didn't look like a goal, to me...

If it wasn't, surely it would have been a red card for the GK and a
penalty? I think Chelsea got off lightly in any case.

--
PG

On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:53:32 GMT, Hari Seldon put finger to keyboard
and typed:

>FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.

It was mainly because of the interruption caused by the two blokes
running on the pitch.

Mark
--
http://www.FridayFun.net - jokes, lyrics and ringtones!
"Let's see colours that have never been seen"

>>FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.
>
> It was mainly because of the interruption caused by the two blokes
> running on the pitch.

Which lasted about two minutes, maximum. It was a stupid amount of
added time.

--
PG

På Tue, 03 May 2005 22:53:32 +0200, skrev Hari Seldon
<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl>:

> "Mark Goodge" <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>> That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>>
>> Mark
>> --
>> http://photos.markshouse.net - see my world!
>> "Would you save my soul, tonight?"
>
> Remind me of the faked Brazil vs. Norway match on a WC which Norway won
> with
> 3-2.
>
> FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.
>
> For an objective watcher the match was rather bad, more excitement than
> good
> football..

Norway have never beaten Brazil 3-2..;) We beat them 2-1 in WC once and
4-2 in a friendly...

--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

På Tue, 03 May 2005 23:44:47 +0200, skrev PivotalG
<pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com>:

> Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote in
>
>>> FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.
>>
>> It was mainly because of the interruption caused by the two blokes
>> running on the pitch.
>
> Which lasted about two minutes, maximum. It was a stupid amount of
> added time.

No, it was right. Two idiots running round and there is also a 30 second
add-on to the time for each sub...and both teams made 3 subs..and that`s 3
minutes...

--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

> No, it was right. Two idiots running round and there is also a 30
> second add-on to the time for each sub...and both teams made 3
> subs..and that`s 3 minutes...

In theory yes, but on Saturday at Highfield Road there were 6 subs and 4
goals - but only 1 minute added time.

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> No, it was right. Two idiots running round and there is also a 30
>> second add-on to the time for each sub...and both teams made 3
>> subs..and that`s 3 minutes...
>
> In theory yes, but on Saturday at Highfield Road there were 6 subs and 4
> goals - but only 1 minute added time.

Exactly, because the game was over and in no way were was it going to
change, but the other week against plymouth 1-0 up they add 6 minutes on. Im
starting to think ref's and the other officials are told to add extra time
on when its only 1-0, that way we get more entertainment.

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
> Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>
> If it wasn't, surely it would have been a red card for the GK and a
> penalty? I think Chelsea got off lightly in any case.
>
> --
> PG

I definitely agree. Cech Off and penalty scored and then possible a whole
match with chelsea being shaken by the fact that their goalkeeper isnt cech
in goal and the fact they are one man down, personally that goal going in
and not a penalty given was the best possible scenario for chelsea, they
just couldnt capitalise on it.
And this mourinho bullshit about liverpool scoring then only winning 1-0?
surely both league games chelsea scored 1 goal then just sat back on that
goal. His ego needs deflating, if he really thinks the best team lost then
they should have won at stamford bridge and tonight.

On 3 May 2005 21:26:00 GMT, PivotalG put finger to keyboard and typed:

>Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>
>If it wasn't, surely it would have been a red card for the GK and a
>penalty? I think Chelsea got off lightly in any case.

I don't think so. The replay from behind the goal suggested that Baros
fell over Cech rather than being deliberately brought down by him. And
I think the ref thought so as well, otherwise he would have stopped
the game before the goal went in.

Mark
--
http://www.OrangeHedgehog.com - useful stuff for web creators
"A sky isn't always blue, a sun doesn't always shine. It's

Gareth wrote:
> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>>> No, it was right. Two idiots running round and there is also a 30
>>> second add-on to the time for each sub...and both teams made 3
>>> subs..and that`s 3 minutes...
>>
>> In theory yes, but on Saturday at Highfield Road there were 6 subs
>> and 4 goals - but only 1 minute added time.
>>

> Exactly, because the game was over and in no way were was it going to
> change, but the other week against plymouth 1-0 up they add 6 minutes
> on. Im starting to think ref's and the other officials are told to
> add extra time on when its only 1-0, that way we get more
> entertainment.

Interesting theory!

Still, we wanted the extra time to be added - 7-2 sounds much better than
6-2 :D

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Mark Goodge" <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>
>>That didn't look like a goal, to me...
>>
>>Mark
>>--
>>http://photos.markshouse.net - see my world!
>>"Would you save my soul, tonight?"
>

> Remind me of the faked Brazil vs. Norway match on a WC which Norway won with
> 3-2.
>
> FFS.. 6 minutes!! Never saw that happen before.
>
> For an objective watcher the match was rather bad, more excitement than good
> football..

I actually thought Liverpool played a very good game defensively,
Chelsea had all the play, but zero shots on goal, but still think that
Chelsea were hard done by, no way was that a goal

>>If it wasn't, surely it would have been a red card for the GK and
>>a penalty? I think Chelsea got off lightly in any case.
>
> I don't think so. The replay from behind the goal suggested that
> Baros fell over Cech rather than being deliberately brought down
> by him. And I think the ref thought so as well, otherwise he would
> have stopped the game before the goal went in.

The referee may well of been playing advantage. In any case, Baros
clearly lifted the ball over Cech, who then clattered him. Clear,
stonewall penalty in my eyes.

Not that it mattered anyway, 'pool are through now and that's that.
good luck to them in the final.

--
PG