DVD+R/-RW Drive also Write Cd's?

I was on the Dell website looking at their home pc's. They offer an
optical drive with this description:
"Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write
capability [add $48.00 ]"

Ok, the first drive would be a standard read on dvd rom. Now the second
drive - what all type of media would it write do? Would it be able to write
to CD (data and music)?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about drive write

    "Von Fourche" <monaco6178@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I was on the Dell website looking at their home pc's. They offer an
    > optical drive with this description:
    > "Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write
    > capability [add $48.00 ]"
    >
    > Ok, the first drive would be a standard read on dvd rom. Now the
    > second
    > drive - what all type of media would it write do? Would it be able to
    > write
    > to CD (data and music)?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes