Unresponsive keystroke

My computer is unresponsive to `~ key, the left of 1 key. Windows just doesn't accept the input. Nothing is responding to it.

The computer is running Windows 7 64bit. I am using English (US keyboard) input. This is not hardware or keyboard problem. When I switch to another input language, the key "works" and shows up a different character.
5 answers Last reply
More about unresponsive keystroke
  1. Does it work if you press the AltGr key at the same time,or the shift key?
  2. nope, still not working
  3. eirche said:
    My computer is unresponsive to `~ key, the left of 1 key. Windows just doesn't accept the input. Nothing is responding to it.

The computer is running Windows 7 64bit. I am using English (US keyboard) input. This is not hardware or keyboard problem. When I switch to another input language, the key "works" and shows up a different character.

I know you said it was not a hardware problem, but have you tried a different keyboard?
  4. i tried a different keyboard, i tried On-Screen Keyboard, but still not working, that key is just not working under US keyboard layout.
  5. Problem solved

The problem exists only in current user account. I just create and start using a new user account.

Thanks for your time and replies.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Keyboards Windows 7