Sign in with
Your question

Unresponsive keystroke

Last response: in Windows 7
July 1, 2010 4:56:13 PM

My computer is unresponsive to `~ key, the left of 1 key. Windows just doesn't accept the input. Nothing is responding to it.

The computer is running Windows 7 64bit. I am using English (US keyboard) input. This is not hardware or keyboard problem. When I switch to another input language, the key "works" and shows up a different character.

More about : unresponsive keystroke

a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 5:43:44 PM

Does it work if you press the AltGr key at the same time,or the shift key?
m
l
July 1, 2010 8:23:33 PM

nope, still not working
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 8:26:09 PM

eirche said:
My computer is unresponsive to `~ key, the left of 1 key. Windows just doesn't accept the input. Nothing is responding to it.

The computer is running Windows 7 64bit. I am using English (US keyboard) input. This is not hardware or keyboard problem. When I switch to another input language, the key "works" and shows up a different character.

I know you said it was not a hardware problem, but have you tried a different keyboard?
m
l
July 1, 2010 9:07:37 PM

i tried a different keyboard, i tried On-Screen Keyboard, but still not working, that key is just not working under US keyboard layout.
m
l
July 1, 2010 9:23:48 PM

Problem solved

The problem exists only in current user account. I just create and start using a new user account.

Thanks for your time and replies.
m
l
!