Boot problems

downloaded sp2 last night, on trying to restart my pc today, IT WONT.
the error message reads; file missing or corrupt
\windows\inf\biosinfo.inf, it says to try recovery using start up disk.
which i have not got. please someone help.
the running system is windows xp pro

--
thumpersmate

thumpersmate Wrote:
> downloaded sp2 last night, on trying to restart my pc today, IT WONT.
> the error message reads; file missing or corrupt
> \windows\inf\biosinfo.inf, it says to try recovery using start up disk.
> which i have not got. please someone help.
> the running system is windows xp pro
Thumpersmate,
This article may help clear things up for you.
'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt C:\Windows\inf\Biosinfo.inf'
(http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_829784.aspx)
Best,
Treeman