e and d drives missing cannot burn cannot read date or aud..

May 25, 2005 2:33:33 AM

Hi I am new, and I have XP home edition. I had several bugs etc. a few
months back--about 6 months back, I learned a lot & got rid of
everything and my computer is well protected now and bug free. but off
and on my e drive was there then not there, it was there after all the
bugs were gotten rid of, I really think all of this has something to do
when I had my digital camera set on drive instead of camera when I
hooked it to my computer to load the photos on. anyway, my e drive was
not showing up, it has power etc. and will not play any cds audio or
any kind. will not burn either. then now my d and e drives are both
missing, how do I get tehm back?? them back?? am very sure its a
software problem. One day I was messing around with the computer trying
to figure out how I could get them back and after restarting the e drive
was back, not the d though, but after a few days, I may have had to
restart or load more photos from my digital camera, I do not remember
what I had to do, but then it went away again-- the E drive and the D
drive too is not there, so I cannot play any cds data or audio nor use
my burner! can anyone help please? I need a very detailed plain jane
instructions if you can help. thanks! Tamie.

tamie17
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:02:25 AM

Win XP Fixes: Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.h...

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code
39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
In My Computer, there is no access to your CD-ROMs.
In Device Manager, the following error message appears in connection with any CD-ROM
device that is part of your computer system:
The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required
for this device (Code 31).
Device Manager displays the following error message:
A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code 32 or Code
31).
You may also receive an error Code 39 message that indicates that the driver is
corrupted.
Device Manager displays the following error Code 19 message, which means that the
registry returned some unknown result:
Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
You may also receive the following error message:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the
hardware device. (Code 41)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
An incorrect device driver was installed for the CD-ROM device.