Steve Punter's opinion on Fido takeover ?

Hey Mr Punter, would you care to chime in with your opinions and prognostics
on the proposed takeover of Fido by Rogers ?
5 answers Last reply
More about steve punter opinion fido takeover

    http://www.arcx.com/sites/faq.htm#RogersBuyFido

    "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Mr Punter, would you care to chime in with your opinions and
    prognostics
    > on the proposed takeover of Fido by Rogers ?

    Chopz said:_

    > http://www.arcx.com/sites/faq.htm#RogersBuyFido
    ------------------

    I am not too convinced. He did think that the Telus bid could succeed,
    and it did not even come close to that.

    It's not over yet.

    Chopz wrote:

    > It's not over yet.

    Judging that the banks want this to happen (aka: why the Fido board approved
    the deal so quickly), judging how much influence the big bad banks have on the
    federal government, judging on how the government conveniently lifted the
    spectrum cap this summer, I'd say that the feds have already agreed in
    principle to allow the banks to offload Fido to Rogers.

    There is one chance left: the civil servants at the competition bureau rule in
    our favour and block the deal, despite pressure from higher levels of
    government, and Sir Richard comes in to buy Microcell and while the Fido brand
    would be charged to Virgin, we'd keep the Fido mentality and Sir Richard would
    make the big legacy carriers hurt just like Virgin Atlantic has made British
    Airways hurt badly.

    JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message news:<415ADF5D.C1A9F8B5@teksavvy.com>...
    > Chopz wrote:
    > >
    > > It's not over yet.
    >
    > Judging that the banks want this to happen (aka: why the Fido board approved
    > the deal so quickly), judging how much influence the big bad banks have on the
    > federal government, judging on how the government conveniently lifted the
    > spectrum cap this summer, I'd say that the feds have already agreed in
    > principle to allow the banks to offload Fido to Rogers.
    >
    > There is one chance left: the civil servants at the competition bureau rule in
    > our favour and block the deal, despite pressure from higher levels of
    > government, and Sir Richard comes in to buy Microcell and while the Fido brand
    > would be charged to Virgin, we'd keep the Fido mentality and Sir Richard would
    > make the big legacy carriers hurt just like Virgin Atlantic has made British
    > Airways hurt badly.

    I'm not sure that could happen:
    - not same technology
    - already in agreement with Bell
    - not same customers (they aim at 12-18 years old)

Fido Rogers Internet Service Providers