PING: Clay Cowgill

Looking at purchasing 2 MultiJamma boards, 3 additional switchboards,
and 4 Konami adapters. I thought I read a post that you had just
completed a batch of the MultiJammas, but can't find it now. Just
wanted to check on the lead time for these at the moment.

Thanks.

Cameron

<cpahr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Looking at purchasing 2 MultiJamma boards, 3 additional switchboards,
> and 4 Konami adapters. I thought I read a post that you had just
> completed a batch of the MultiJammas, but can't find it now. Just
> wanted to check on the lead time for these at the moment.

Yep, I just got a bunch of MultiJAMMA's out a couple weeks back. (I had a
big OEM order clog things up for a while there-- had to wait for some chips
for the switchboards.) I just got my Tempest running again, so I'm going to
clear some backorders for the Tempest Multigame next, but then I'll go back
and pick up the remaining MultiJAMMA stragglers. Probably start shipping
those about the first of July again.

-Clay

Clay,

Have to ask:)...any new news on a Sega multi sound board (a la the
discussion from a few months back).

Thanks for any info.

Jon

"jkoolpe" <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
> Clay,
>
> Have to ask:)...any new news on a Sega multi sound board (a la the
> discussion from a few months back).

I got to thinking about it some more and the more I looked at it the more
sense I think it makes to just use a general purpose (fast) CPU and build a
little "sound engine". I've got a part picked out and samples on the way,
but my business partner and I agreed to take on another contract job so I'm
going to be pretty busy through summer I think. (Contracting = Good for
checking account + bad for freetime. ;-)

-Clay

Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:

: I got to thinking about it some more and the more I looked at it the more
: sense I think it makes to just use a general purpose (fast) CPU and build a
: little "sound engine". I've got a part picked out and samples on the way,
: but my business partner and I agreed to take on another contract job so I'm
: going to be pretty busy through summer I think. (Contracting = Good for
: checking account + bad for freetime. ;-)

Given that the Sega multi-sound has essentially a known, defined market --
people you've already sold a Sega multi-game kit to (and possibly people who
haven't bought one because of the sound) . . .

Would it make sense to you and/or those of us waiting to make this a
'contract'. Say we put our money where our mouth is, something like 50% up
front, 50% on delivery. I don't for a moment think these pay enough to
displace 'real work', but would it help you at all get it some scheduled
time ? Would anyone else waiting for one be willing to do this, if it sped
up the process ?

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

On 14-Jun-2005, "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris@westnet.com> wrote:

> Given that the Sega multi-sound has essentially a known, defined market --
> people you've already sold a Sega multi-game kit to (and possibly people
> who
> haven't bought one because of the sound) . . .

Put me in the latter group. I started lurking here a while back when the
multi-sound card was 6 months away. I haven't yet bought the multi-sega kit
yet because I'm waiting for the multi-sound to go with it

> Would it make sense to you and/or those of us waiting to make this a
> 'contract'. Say we put our money where our mouth is, something like 50% up
> front, 50% on delivery. I don't for a moment think these pay enough to
> displace 'real work', but would it help you at all get it some scheduled
> time ? Would anyone else waiting for one be willing to do this, if it
> sped
> up the process ?

Sounds like a good idea. Count me in for one set if Clay will go for it.

Kenny