XP Pro Startup Q - Pls Help

I have XP Pro on 2 computers at my house. When it starts up, XP almost
freezes for a little bit, and wont let me do anything (nothing opens)
and i cant access Network Connections from start menu (if i can still
access start menu at the time). This happens temporarily, but i was
wondering if this cud be fixed somehow.

edit -- sorry if this is in wrong forum

--
vicml
vicml's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13129

Check for spyware, mapped drives that no longer exist, shortcuts that no
longer exist, etc. There could be something in your startup programs that is
hanging until it times out.

"vicml" <vicml.1pklqw@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> I have XP Pro on 2 computers at my house. When it starts up, XP almost
> freezes for a little bit, and wont let me do anything (nothing opens)
> and i cant access Network Connections from start menu (if i can still
> access start menu at the time). This happens temporarily, but i was
> wondering if this cud be fixed somehow.
>
> edit -- sorry if this is in wrong forum
>

> --
> vicml
> vicml's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13129
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819075148

yea, funny thing is, this happens, after i first create the connection
w/internet (after "connect to" appears for the first time) on a freshly
formatted comp. after this, it always does the same thing upon startup,
not letting me connect to internet right away, as well as quick launch
bar wont load programs once clicked.