Coin mech lights question

Been replacing my coin mech lights on a few machines with the 555 light.

One of the games had a CEC 161. I replaced it with the 555. It fits well
and lights fine.

Question is should I keep the 555 in there or should I use the other model?

Thanks.

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/misc/lamps.html Nice bulb chart here. The
161 is a 14 volt bulb, the 555 is a 6.3 volt bulb. If you have 14 volts at
the socket the 555 won't last long, and could get hot enough to melt plastic
in the area. LTG :)

"Christopher Bogart" <cmjb13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Been replacing my coin mech lights on a few machines with the 555 light.
>
> One of the games had a CEC 161. I replaced it with the 555. It fits well
> and lights fine.
>
> Question is should I keep the 555 in there or should I use the other
model?

> Thanks.

555 is probably a bight isn't it... I think the 161 is a 12V bulb
and the 555 is a 6V bulb. Check the V at the socket (or the schematic).
/Tim

Christopher Bogart wrote:
> Been replacing my coin mech lights on a few machines with the 555 light.
>
> One of the games had a CEC 161. I replaced it with the 555. It fits well
> and lights fine.
>
> Question is should I keep the 555 in there or should I use the other model?
>
> Thanks.

I know there's a chart somewhere on the Net that shows the diffence between
the two. Voltage requirements and output...

161's are mostly used in poker machine buttons. They don't burn as hot and
are not as bright.

Bill