Need Your Help: SDDM12 -- what is it?..

I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
Thanks.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Secure Digital Disk Media
probably a digital camera card reader
"Mark Shell" <markashell@REMOVEearthlink.net> wrote in message
>I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
>SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
>Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
>re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
>computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
>Thanks.

techguy

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

dont cancel it, even if it does not find it, the OS will put in under
non-identified items and popup will disappear

--
techguy
techguy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=6552

> dont cancel it, even if it does not find it, the OS will put in under
> non-identified items and popup will disappear

I did it, and it worked exactly as you suggested. Thank you so much! I am
still wondering: I have not installed anything recently -- why this popup
all of a sudden?.. Thanks!

This problem started when Microsoft said I needed to update my outlook
express and I downloded the update.The next day I turned on my
computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I
did not have .
Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
computer. I have installed no new hardware ,no camera ,nothing and I
cannot seem to get rid of this .It shows it inder Device Manager
deatils as ROOT\LEGACAY_SDDM12\0000.What is this please ?..

--
pugspaw
pugspaw's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7246
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=182915
Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/ | http://www.techarena.in

MaryT

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2005

"pugspaw" wrote:
> This problem started when Microsoft said I needed to update my
> outlook
> express and I downloded the update.The next day I turned on
> my
> computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
> SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc,
> which I
> did not have .
> Then it said the installation software not found... I
> cancelled and
> re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn
> on my
> computer. I have installed no new hardware ,no camera
> ,nothing and I
> cannot seem to get rid of this .It shows it inder Device
> Manager
> deatils as ROOTLEGACAY_SDDM12 >
>
> --
> pugspaw
> ----------
> pugspaw's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7246
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=182915
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/ |
> http://www.techarena.in

My computer was also displaying the “Found New Hardware Wizard” every
time I turned on the machine. However, I had not installed any
hardware (or software) in many months. Here’s what I have found out,
through the help of folks much smarter than I – at least this is what
worked for me. I found the SDDM12 device in the Device Manager. It was
designated with a yellow triangle signifying that it was not properly
installed. I had not tried to install any new hardware recently
anyway, so I knew it could not be something I needed. I simply
uninstalled it and that fixed my problem. I don’t know where this
thing came from, but others I have talked to suspect that it has
something to do with Dell (so far all computers I have heard of with
this problem are Dells). Perhaps it got there through an update from
Dell Support.

MaryT

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-SDDM12-ftopict376946.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1730841

Hi there,
i have had the same New Hardware message when i turned the pc on today,
but have had various similar ones in the past and always assumed that a
bug had got in and just deleted them as was suggested before..i.e at
the yellow triangle, as someone described it.
But as to the fact tha it seems to be Dells that have the problem, I
have a HP so it is not a Dell problem but one in general.
If i find anything else out i will post it here.

--
donnagcPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Hello all i had the SDDM12 to i checked here and disabled it in the
hardware manager only to find that when i signed into my isp which is
AOL it loaded but my start page did not appear? but if i enable it it
appears but so does the found new hardware senario anyone down with
that or got the answere what is it .Ton Thanks all

--
tjpsych1Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access