Help Please!! Can't get out of Safe Mode

May 25, 2005 7:52:02 AM

It appears Windows believe I have a problem with a "Removeable" drive. When
I go into the My Computer/Manage, the Removeable Drive line item has an "X"
on it inside a red circle. The only "removeable" disk I have on my pc is my
"A" drive - floppy and my "D" drive - cd-rom. Both appear to work fine. I
Ran msconfig and try to start up with the minimal drivers, and it still
didn't work. I disabled the "a" drive from my startup, and it still didn't
work. No matter what I do, I can't boot into Normal Mode. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated.

More about : safe mode

May 25, 2005 11:01:44 AM

Peggy Klinger wrote:
> It appears Windows believe I have a problem with a "Removeable"
> drive. When I go into the My Computer/Manage, the Removeable Drive
> line item has an "X" on it inside a red circle. The only
> "removeable" disk I have on my pc is my "A" drive - floppy and my "D"
> drive - cd-rom. Both appear to work fine. I Ran msconfig and try to
> start up with the minimal drivers, and it still didn't work. I
> disabled the "a" drive from my startup, and it still didn't work. No
> matter what I do, I can't boot into Normal Mode. Any help would be
> GREATLY appreciated.

Go to start>run and type in msconfig,click on the BOOT.INI tab if their is a
check next to safe boot uncheck it and reboot.
--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

The checkbox for safe mode on the boot.ini tab was not checked. Any other
suggestions??

"MAP" wrote:

> Peggy Klinger wrote:
> > It appears Windows believe I have a problem with a "Removeable"
> > drive. When I go into the My Computer/Manage, the Removeable Drive
> > line item has an "X" on it inside a red circle. The only
> > "removeable" disk I have on my pc is my "A" drive - floppy and my "D"
> > drive - cd-rom. Both appear to work fine. I Ran msconfig and try to
> > start up with the minimal drivers, and it still didn't work. I
> > disabled the "a" drive from my startup, and it still didn't work. No
> > matter what I do, I can't boot into Normal Mode. Any help would be
> > GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Go to start>run and type in msconfig,click on the BOOT.INI tab if their is a
> check next to safe boot uncheck it and reboot.
> --
> Mike Pawlak

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 9:35:01 PM

When I did check the start up in safe mode in the boot.ini task, it still
started up in safe mode but the removeable drive didn't have the red circle
with the check mark on it. Once I unchecked that box and rebooted, I was
back to where I originally was when I posted this msg. :(

!