Lost System Restore Points, Management Services, Internet ..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Can I fix this problem by reinstalling my OS (XP Pro SP2) which is currently
installed on a separate partition of my hard drive and if so how do I do
this or is there a better solution. I have run a full virus scan and
hardware diagnostic ~ no problems.

I have tried reinstalling my broadband software but this will not progress
beyond a certain point. Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Try restoring from Safe Mode or the command prompt.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html

And if that doesn't work:
How to start using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in WinXP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852#3

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

John wrote:
> Can I fix this problem by reinstalling my OS (XP Pro SP2)
> which is currently installed on a separate partition of
> my hard drive and if so how do I do this or is there a
> better solution. I have run a full virus scan and
> hardware diagnostic ~ no problems.
>
> I have tried reinstalling my broadband software but this
> will not progress beyond a certain point. Any
> suggestions/advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanx Bert. Unfortunately they did not work

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi John,
>
> Try restoring from Safe Mode or the command prompt.
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html
>
> And if that doesn't work:
> How to start using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in WinXP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852#3
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> John wrote:
> > Can I fix this problem by reinstalling my OS (XP Pro SP2)
> > which is currently installed on a separate partition of
> > my hard drive and if so how do I do this or is there a
> > better solution. I have run a full virus scan and
> > hardware diagnostic ~ no problems.
> >
> > I have tried reinstalling my broadband software but this
> > will not progress beyond a certain point. Any
> > suggestions/advice appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John

Hi John,

This would be my next suggestion then...

John wrote:
> Thanx Bert. Unfortunately they did not work
>
> "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Try restoring from Safe Mode or the command prompt.
>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html
>>
>> And if that doesn't work:
>> How to start using the Last Known Good Configuration
>> feature in WinXP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852#3
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>

>> John wrote:
>>> Can I fix this problem by reinstalling my OS (XP Pro
>>> SP2) which is currently installed on a separate
>>> partition of my hard drive and if so how do I do this
>>> or is there a better solution. I have run a full virus
>>> scan and hardware diagnostic ~ no problems.
>>>
>>> I have tried reinstalling my broadband software but this
>>> will not progress beyond a certain point. Any
>>> suggestions/advice appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi Bert

Thanks for links. I've got a feeling this may be a virus type problem so I
am going to try Norton System Works first.

Regards

John