Get Rid of Messenger

I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
starting?

Thank you;
David

If you don't need it uninstall it from control panel | add remove | add
remove windows components. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and untick
windows messenger, click next.

Steve

"mladner" wrote:

> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
> starting?
>
> Thank you;
> David

Disable/Remove Windows Messenger

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e8D3c8TYFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
mladner <mladner@charter.net> hunted and pecked:
> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
> starting?
>
> Thank you;
> David

Jd

Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck "Run
Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
"mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
>I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
>starting?
> Thank you;
> David

Jd

Outlook Express Tools |Options | General | Automatically Log on to Windows
Messenger (Uncheck)
"JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote in message
> Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck
> "Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
> "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
>>I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
>>starting?
>> Thank you;
>> David

I may be wrong, but last I checked all that does is remove the shortcut in
the start/programs folder, it in no what removes the executable files.
--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"