Get Rid of Messenger

I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
starting?

Thank you;
David
6 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    If you don't need it uninstall it from control panel | add remove | add
    remove windows components. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and untick
    windows messenger, click next.

    Steve

    "mladner" wrote:

    > I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
    > starting?
    >
    > Thank you;
    > David

    Disable/Remove Windows Messenger

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e8D3c8TYFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    mladner <mladner@charter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
    > starting?
    >
    > Thank you;
    > David

    Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck "Run
    Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
    "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
    >I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
    >starting?
    > Thank you;
    > David

    Outlook Express Tools |Options | General | Automatically Log on to Windows
    Messenger (Uncheck)
    "JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote in message
    > Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck
    > "Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
    > "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
    >>I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
    >>starting?
    >> Thank you;
    >> David

    I may be wrong, but last I checked all that does is remove the shortcut in
    the start/programs folder, it in no what removes the executable files.
    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Steve Rollins" <Steverollins@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you don't need it uninstall it from control panel | add remove | add
    > remove windows components. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and
    > untick
    > windows messenger, click next.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "mladner" wrote:
    >
    >> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
    >> starting?
    >>
    >> Thank you;
    >> David

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:59:31 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
    <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I may be wrong, but last I checked all that does is remove the shortcut in
    >the start/programs folder, it in no what removes the executable files.

    Try: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

    Regards,

Outlook Express Messenger Support Microsoft Windows XP