Get Rid of Messenger

May 25, 2005 12:33:35 PM

I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
starting?

Thank you;
David

More about : rid messenger

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:54:13 PM

If you don't need it uninstall it from control panel | add remove | add
remove windows components. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and untick
windows messenger, click next.

Steve

"mladner" wrote:

> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
> starting?
>
> Thank you;
> David

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:57:42 PM

Disable/Remove Windows Messenger

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e8D3c8TYFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
mladner <mladner@charter.net> hunted and pecked:
> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
> starting?
>
> Thank you;
> David
Related resources
May 25, 2005 6:48:00 PM

Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck "Run
Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
"mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
>I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
>starting?
> Thank you;
> David
May 25, 2005 8:36:12 PM

Outlook Express Tools |Options | General | Automatically Log on to Windows
Messenger (Uncheck)
"JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote in message
> Open Windows Messenger. Tools | Options | Preferences |General. Uncheck
> "Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts." OK.
> "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
>>I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
>>starting?
>> Thank you;
>> David

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:59:31 AM

I may be wrong, but last I checked all that does is remove the shortcut in
the start/programs folder, it in no what removes the executable files.
--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Steve Rollins" <Steverollins@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> If you don't need it uninstall it from control panel | add remove | add
> remove windows components. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and
> untick
> windows messenger, click next.
>
> Steve
>
> "mladner" wrote:
>
>> I do not need 'Messenger in OutLook Express. How can I stop it from
>> starting?
>>
>> Thank you;
>> David

May 26, 2005 3:03:10 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:59:31 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
<Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I may be wrong, but last I checked all that does is remove the shortcut in
>the start/programs folder, it in no what removes the executable files.

Try: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

Regards,
!