Renee

I have programs in my start up menu that I need to remove. How do I do this?

Renee

Hi Renee,

If you are referring to the shortcuts when you go to Start - All
programs, simply right click on the one you want to remove and select
delete.

Note: This will have no effect on the program itself.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Renee wrote:
> I have programs in my start up menu that I need to
> remove. How do I do this?
>
> Renee

Do you want to remove the programs from your computer, or do you only want
to remove the shortcuts to the programs from the Startup folder in your
Start menu?

To remove programs from your computer:
Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

To remove shortcuts to programs from the Startup folder of your Start menu:
Delete them.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have programs in my start up menu that I need to remove. How do I do
this?

> Renee

Renee

The thing I am trying to do is the atuomatic start of programs when you turn
the computer on. I have programs that I have removed but parts of them are
still listed in the automatic start up menu. I am doing selective start up
right now so that those items do not start. How can I remove them for this
menu?

Renee

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Do you want to remove the programs from your computer, or do you only want
> to remove the shortcuts to the programs from the Startup folder in your
> Start menu?
>
> To remove programs from your computer:
> Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
>
> To remove shortcuts to programs from the Startup folder of your Start menu:
> Delete them.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have programs in my start up menu that I need to remove. How do I do
> this?
> >
> > Renee

If the program is actually a virus or spyware, you can't successfully remove
it by yourself. That requires antivirus or anti-spyware software.

If the program is legitimate, reinstall it, reboot, uninstall the program
again and reboot. If the program continues to start with Windows after you
have uninstalled it, contact the program's technical support.
--

> The thing I am trying to do is the atuomatic start of programs when you
turn
> the computer on. I have programs that I have removed but parts of them are
> still listed in the automatic start up menu. I am doing selective start up
> right now so that those items do not start. How can I remove them for this
> menu?
>
> Renee
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
> > Do you want to remove the programs from your computer, or do you only
want
> > to remove the shortcuts to the programs from the Startup folder in your
> > Start menu?
> >
> > To remove programs from your computer:
> > Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
> >
> > To remove shortcuts to programs from the Startup folder of your Start
menu:
> > Delete them.
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have programs in my start up menu that I need to remove. How do I do
> > this?
> > >
> > > Renee

All you have to do is right click on the menu item and drag it where you
want it.
I create a folder called Startnot and drag them in there. Then I can go to
Startnot in the menu and start them manually if I need to.
Just go to c:/documents and settings/[your account]/start menu/programs and
create startnot under programs.
Then you can drag icons right from the main menu into it or back to Startup
if you want them back. Just right click/hold and drag, then select Move
Here.