my font size is huge!

i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this one
and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead of
the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!

thanks!

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:37:23 -0700, cynthiasidra
<cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
>windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this one
>and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead of
>the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
>nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!

Go here (a good site to bookmark)
http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

Enter
font size
default font size
explorer font size

Or any other search term you think will help, then read the
articles to see if you find a fix

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

cynthiasidra <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
>windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this one
>and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead of
>the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
>nothing is found.

Open Internet Explorer, then View / Text Size and adjust from there,
or, if you have a wheel mouse, hold down the <ctrl> key and roll the
wheel to adjust size.

Open IE.
On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E5AB6FF6-74DE-4C68-8F96-F02AC2643D38@microsoft.com,
cynthiasidra <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
> one and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure)
> instead of the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses
> and such but nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
>
> thanks!

that sounded perfect. when i click on view - text size - it's set to largest.
i can click on any of the other sizes, but it doesn't reset the text size,
and the next time i check it's back on largest! thanks for the quick
response! any other ideas?

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Open IE.
> On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E5AB6FF6-74DE-4C68-8F96-F02AC2643D38@microsoft.com,
> cynthiasidra <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> > windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
> > one and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure)
> > instead of the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses
> > and such but nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
> >
> > thanks!

wait! that did it! except my emails are still screwy. if it's set to html, i
can't adjust the size at all. i have earthlink total access email.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Open IE.
> On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E5AB6FF6-74DE-4C68-8F96-F02AC2643D38@microsoft.com,
> cynthiasidra <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> > windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
> > one and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure)
> > instead of the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses
> > and such but nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
> >
> > thanks!

Your not in Safe Mode are you or a lower screen resolution than you were
before are you? In IE go to View, Text Size, pick a size.

"cynthiasidra" <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
one
> and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead
of
> the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
> nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
>
> thanks!

I wonder if your default DPI setting has been changed to "Large size".

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced (button) > General (tab).

Change to "Normal size".

--
Michael

"cynthiasidra" <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
> one
> and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead
> of
> the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
> nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
>
> thanks!

i did check that. it was set to normal. turns out i had to change the font
size in view on internet explorer. i had only tried internet options before.
looks okay now!

"Michael T" wrote:

> I wonder if your default DPI setting has been changed to "Large size".
>
> Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced (button) > General (tab).
>
> Change to "Normal size".
>
> --
> Michael
>
> "cynthiasidra" <cynthiasidra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i dont' remember exactly what preceded the change (i seem to remember a
> > windows update), but now all of the fonts on any webpage (including this
> > one
> > and my received emails) are font size 14 or bigger (im not sure) instead
> > of
> > the usual 10. it's really annoying. i've checked for viruses and such but
> > nothing is found. i sure hope someone can help!!!
> >
> > thanks!

Hey, I've had this "large font" problem for about a month or so, and I
couldn't figure out how to get the fonts back to normal size again (small
fonts).
Now that I finally cam to this help forum, I found out where I could go to
change my IE fonts back to normal again. Thanks!