System Configuration Utility

May 25, 2005 1:42:07 PM

How do you delete items that are under the start up tab?

Renee
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 5:06:22 PM

Hi Renee,

This depends on how they are being launched.
Some apps can be stopped from launching by adjusting there settings
or preferences.
Some can be stopped by uninstalling them.
Or it can be done manually. On the Startup tab in Msconfig look at the
Location column for app you want to stop. It's start location will be
there.

Startup tracker is even more handy for finding startup locations.
Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Renee wrote:
> How do you delete items that are under the start up tab?
>
> Renee
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 5:40:40 PM

I create another folder called Startnot and drag the icons into it.

!