System Configuration Utility

How do you delete items that are under the start up tab?

Renee
2 answers Last reply
More about system configuration utility

    Hi Renee,

    This depends on how they are being launched.
    Some apps can be stopped from launching by adjusting there settings
    or preferences.
    Some can be stopped by uninstalling them.
    Or it can be done manually. On the Startup tab in Msconfig look at the
    Location column for app you want to stop. It's start location will be
    there.

    Startup tracker is even more handy for finding startup locations.
    Windows XP Startup Programs Tracker
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Renee wrote:
    > How do you delete items that are under the start up tab?
    >
    > Renee

    I create another folder called Startnot and drag the icons into it.

    "Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do you delete items that are under the start up tab?
    >
    > Renee

Support Configuration Microsoft Windows XP