HDD built in password after chkdsk

May 25, 2005 1:46:02 PM

I ran checkdisk on my Toshiba laptop last night - when I woke up this morning
I was greeted at a dos screen prompting me for my "built in HDD password" - I
take a couple shots at it using my admin password or just hitting enter and
the computer shuts down (apparently because it only gives me a couple tries
to get it right) I'm running XP PRO. Is this password set by Toshiba, or is
it a Windows XP Pro password? Is there a way to get past this?
--
thanks,
May 25, 2005 4:12:03 PM

How to log on to Windows XP if you forget your password or your password
expired
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"Mike" wrote:

> I ran checkdisk on my Toshiba laptop last night - when I woke up this morning
> I was greeted at a dos screen prompting me for my "built in HDD password" - I
> take a couple shots at it using my admin password or just hitting enter and
> the computer shuts down (apparently because it only gives me a couple tries
> to get it right) I'm running XP PRO. Is this password set by Toshiba, or is
> it a Windows XP Pro password? Is there a way to get past this?
> --
> thanks,

May 25, 2005 4:19:32 PM

it's not a windows password. i get this before the windows log in screen.
it's asking for a "hdd built in password"
--
thanks,

!