Arcadia Super Select System info ?.

Is anyone familiar with these ?.

I bought a main board and cartridge untested on Ebay. Then I Jammatized a
standard A500 motherboard and plugged it into the Arcadia also connecting 5V
power to the Arcadia. When I power it up all up it just boots to the Amiga
kickstart screen.

Am I missing a step in the setup here or am I doing anything else wrong ?.
Should I be able to use a stock A500 board ?.

Thanks,

Cliff.

Cliff Poole wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with these ?.

These are super rare. I have only seen one in my life and I know
nothing about them. I know where one is, and I hope to own it some
day.

thanks
Mark C

I remember reading about them in my early Amiga days long before I
got into arcade collecting. Xenon was always a favourite game of mine
although I never saw it in the arcades. The ROM images are now available and
supported by MAME so I can see how it is supposed to work but before I get
stuck in to fixing it I wondered if anyone knew if there were any special
requirements in setting it up.

<drmoonsparkle@aol.com> wrote in message

> Cliff Poole wrote:
>> Is anyone familiar with these ?.
>
> These are super rare. I have only seen one in my life and I know
> nothing about them. I know where one is, and I hope to own it some
> day.
>

> thanks
> Mark C

depends what one you have ?

I have a few with a single game, and one with 10 games to select from.

if the boards fitted to the sidecar, it *should* give a bios screen for
the arcadia system, and then start the game.

I seem to remember one I looked at also had an extra wire to/from the
kickstart chip - I'll have another look if you need to know more