XP home setup makes year 1601

May 25, 2005 1:46:13 PM

When trying to install xp home, the date is changed to the 01/01/1601, the
system clock in the bios still says the 01/01/2005, but leaving the windows
clock date, set at this year, allows set up to complete. When windows is
required to activate, i'm not allowed to because the clock wrong. This means
i cant run anything.

If i change the date during setup, the computer simply wont boot. I get as
far as the windows is loading............. after a long while, and then it
reboots. Safe mode wont boot either, i guess some sort of date conflict?

Help, i have read everything i can find, and as far as i can tell my problem
is unique? Thinking it might be some sort of millenium bug related issue
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 9:44:52 PM

I would check you PC battery as a first step.

"Andrew MacMillan" <Andrew MacMillan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BFEF31B8-614E-4095-A957-3D23538C1A36@microsoft.com...

!