Prob with 6800gt Connecting to HDTV

bosshoss

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
Hey guys jus' a quick ? for ya'll.
I am trying to hook up my 6800gt to my Mitsu 1080i HDTV via DVI port. It hooks up fine and comes on, but about an inch or two is being cut off from the top and bottom of the picture, could someone maybe help me and show me the best settings to have my pc hooked up to my tv. I was trying to do this because I believe that by using my pc to watch DVD's my movies will be upconverted to 1080i for viewing, is this correct? Thanx guys

<i> If the creator of the human body is "The Ultimate Engineer", why did he put a recreation site right next to a waste treatment area? </i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
720P is better than 1080i.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

bosshoss

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
Yeah, but my tv only supports 1080i. I got it through a holiday employee special otherwise i would have got a 720p.

<i> If the creator of the human body is "The Ultimate Engineer", why did he put a recreation site right next to a waste treatment area? </i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't have any nVidia cards handy, but my ATI cards allow me to adjust screen size under advanced properties.

The problem might be the thing feeding a 1280x768 image, rather than a 1280x720 image. Perhaps one of the 3rd party utilities would allow you to set a custom resolution.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>