Boot up problem after downloading MSAS

After downloading MSAS my PC crashed when I went to run it. Now when I boot
up, it runs all the way through to the XP logo screen where the 'user names'
should be, but all I have is the blue screen with the XP logo & nothing else
at all.
I'm running Windows XP home edition on a 'Mesh' computer, I've tried running
the recovery disk to repair but I don't get a repair option after accepting
the licence agreement. all I get shown is
57256 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi (MBR)
C: Partition 1 (NTFS) 57329 MB (17849 MB free)
Unpartitioned space 16 MB

Enter = Install , D=Delete Partition, F3=Quit

But having read previous posts, I thought that I should see my Windows OS
and a repair option.
Also, if I try to go the other repair root at the first screen, after
selecting my C drive it wants an administrators password. As far as I
remember I haven't set one up, but I've tried all my password combinations
and all that happens is I get locked out.

Has anybody got any clues? I don't want to format yet as I've got some files
I would like if possible to get off.

Similar boot issue. Try to repair from the OS CD, but can't get by
Administrators password. Anyone know where to find the password?

"Ray Bailey" wrote:

> After downloading MSAS my PC crashed when I went to run it. Now when I boot
> up, it runs all the way through to the XP logo screen where the 'user names'
> should be, but all I have is the blue screen with the XP logo & nothing else
> at all.
> I'm running Windows XP home edition on a 'Mesh' computer, I've tried running
> the recovery disk to repair but I don't get a repair option after accepting
> the licence agreement. all I get shown is
> 57256 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi (MBR)
> C: Partition 1 (NTFS) 57329 MB (17849 MB free)
> Unpartitioned space 16 MB
>
> Enter = Install , D=Delete Partition, F3=Quit
>
> But having read previous posts, I thought that I should see my Windows OS
> and a repair option.
> Also, if I try to go the other repair root at the first screen, after
> selecting my C drive it wants an administrators password. As far as I
> remember I haven't set one up, but I've tried all my password combinations
> and all that happens is I get locked out.
>
> Has anybody got any clues? I don't want to format yet as I've got some files
> I would like if possible to get off.

Ray,

Dont format the drive. You need recovery. Call me at 1-888-517-7621 and
ask for Rick. I will explain exactly what you need to do.

RIck W.

www.gmdsolutions.net