HELP! I screwed up my computer!

May 25, 2005 6:22:01 PM

I have windows xp.

I was chaning things w/ the user accounts and i lost the main one. I think i
switched it to "non-adminitror" mode or something. But all the documents and
stuff are gone. How can i get em back? I tried everything i could but nothing
worked. I've done a search through the computer to see if they are still on
there but nothing shows up. How ever it tells me that i'm using half of my
hard-drive...so the files are on the computer somewhere. Can anyone help me?

email me if you can: travisgwilber@yahoo.com

More about : screwed computer

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:31:04 PM

And now i just rebooted my computer and there is no administor account. This
whole thingy screwed up. What do i do?!
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:09:18 PM

"travis" wrote:

> And now i just rebooted my computer and there is no administor account. This
> whole thingy screwed up. What do i do?!

Is this XP Home Edition? If you had only one account and then added one, you
will not be able to log on as administrator unless in safe mode.

Documents should be located at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents

If you right click My Computer > Properties, Advanced Tab. Click on User
Profiles > Settings. This will give you a list of user accounts. Is (machine
name)\Administrator listed?
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:42:03 PM

And if this is XP Pro, check out this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281140
It is for Disabling Administrator accounts, enabling would be the opposite.

Have you tryed system restore, I'm not sure if the Admin account would be
protected (backed-up) or not, but worth a shot.

Hope some of this helps!

!