Webcam woes (re posted)

May 26, 2005 2:21:57 AM

Hi,

I've been experiencing major problems when trying to use webcams in any
messenger program. Whenever I try to view images from other peoples webcams
OR use my webcam, all goes well for 20 or 30 seconds then I get the
bluescreen of death. My own cam is a Creative 1001, but this is unlikely to
be the source of the problem as things go wrong even if I disable my cam &
just try to view the images from other cams. I am running XP professional
with sp2 installed, on a Duron powered PC with 512 Mb of RAM.
In fact, the problem seems to have started with the installation of sp2,
however I am reluctant to use system restore to roll back to pre-sp2 as the
security patches it contains would seem to be desirable!
I have made sure that I have the latest Creative driver, but as I said, my
cam is not to blame.
Any ideas? (this is second posting, first got no reply!!)
regards

Phil French

More about : webcam woes posted

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 3:42:54 PM

uninstall the messenger programs
update and run spyware and virus checkers.
wait a boot or two before reinstalling and trying your favorite messenger
program

!