DB

I have been stuck in safe mode for about a month now. Everytime that I run
the system restore it takes a very long time to reboot. However, during the
system restore a window pops up telling me that my system is low on virtual
memory and that requests will take a long time. After waiting for hours my
computer will occasionally finish the system restore, then restart, but will
never return to normal mode... only asking me to restart in normal mode or
the last good configuration(both of which don't work but just restarts my
computer taking me to the same screen). So my only working option is to
select safe mode with networking. I have also ran the msconfig and it is
set on normal mode. Under the boot.ini tab everything seems normal and
nothing is checked. Please someone anyone help me!! What can I do to get
back to normal windows xp??

-DB

Do a Repair, or "Upgrade" setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson