Taskbar Problem

I have XP Home and no matter what I do, I can't get the taskbar to show.
I've tried locking the taskbar & it still doesn't show. Auot-hide is not
checked off and "keep the taskbar on top of other windows" is checked off.
What can I do?
4 answers Last reply
More about taskbar problem

    I have XP Pro and am experiencing te same problem. For some reason I lost
    my TABS.

    "5hulses" wrote:

    > I have XP Home and no matter what I do, I can't get the taskbar to show.
    > I've tried locking the taskbar & it still doesn't show. Auot-hide is not
    > checked off and "keep the taskbar on top of other windows" is checked off.
    > What can I do?

    Try this... hold your mouse down as far as you can on your screen until it
    turns into an arrow...it might be almost out of screen range before it does
    this. If you do see an arrow, using your left-click mouse button, click and
    hold as you drag the arrow up. It might just be that you somehow pulled it
    all the way down, out of sight..or you might have some sort of malware or
    virus...so run all of your scans.

    "Topgunpro" <Topgunpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP Pro and am experiencing te same problem. For some reason I lost
    > my TABS.
    >
    > "5hulses" wrote:
    >
    >> I have XP Home and no matter what I do, I can't get the taskbar to show.
    >> I've tried locking the taskbar & it still doesn't show. Auot-hide is not
    >> checked off and "keep the taskbar on top of other windows" is checked
    >> off.
    >> What can I do?

    What TABS are you referring to on the taskbar?

    "Topgunpro" <Topgunpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP Pro and am experiencing te same problem. For some reason I lost
    > my TABS.
    >
    > "5hulses" wrote:
    >
    >> I have XP Home and no matter what I do, I can't get the taskbar to show.
    >> I've tried locking the taskbar & it still doesn't show. Auot-hide is not
    >> checked off and "keep the taskbar on top of other windows" is checked
    >> off.
    >> What can I do?

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm Has a fix for that.

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP