hi everyone, I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. I'm starting school and would like a recommendation for an ultrabook.
1. What is your budget?
I'd like to keep it under a $1000, but am willing to go over if something is really worth it
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Something in the 12-15 inch range, but im flexible
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
at least 5-6 hours, preferably more
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
general computing only
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 64 gb, preferably 128
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't think I need one, but maybe a dvd rom?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm more interested in quality, I have a bias against vaio because that's a stupid sounding name.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
it's important that it is very lightweight, and has a sleek, aesthetically pleasing design. I really don't care about processing power as I won't be doing anything intensive, but i would love an SSD.