Printing from Internet Explorer problem

I have read the other posts on this and cant find a solution.
when i try to print a web page etc i get a script error.
it reads
Line: 639
Char: 1
Error: Invalid argument
Code: 0

it has only just started happening.
i have a toshiba laptop (A10)
running XP Pro
IE 6.0
i have all updates on automatic.
i have an Epson CX3100

everything worked fine up until a few weeks ago
i haven't changed any settings, and have only installed and the uninstalled
MSN TOOLBAR.

i have checked for virus's etc with AVG, Spybot, AD-Aware, Microsoft spyware
beta etc.
all of these are updated and current, all i can think of is one of the
windows updates has done something.
but microsoft wants $50 just to talk to me on the phone.
thought i would try here first.
cheers
CATS
2 answers Last reply
More about printing internet explorer problem

    Why don't you try this repair utility and let us know the results?
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

    Alternatively take a look at this.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811165

    --
    Michael

    "fatboyvncalaisv8" <fatboyvncalaisv8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:27278377-5AFF-4047-B251-AB61C339D2E6@microsoft.com...
    >I have read the other posts on this and cant find a solution.
    > when i try to print a web page etc i get a script error.
    > it reads
    > Line: 639
    > Char: 1
    > Error: Invalid argument
    > Code: 0
    >
    > it has only just started happening.
    > i have a toshiba laptop (A10)
    > running XP Pro
    > IE 6.0
    > i have all updates on automatic.
    > i have an Epson CX3100
    >
    > everything worked fine up until a few weeks ago
    > i haven't changed any settings, and have only installed and the
    > uninstalled
    > MSN TOOLBAR.
    >
    > i have checked for virus's etc with AVG, Spybot, AD-Aware, Microsoft
    > spyware
    > beta etc.
    > all of these are updated and current, all i can think of is one of the
    > windows updates has done something.
    > but microsoft wants $50 just to talk to me on the phone.
    > thought i would try here first.
    > cheers
    > CATS

    tried but no change.
    the program asks for the windows xp disc and service pack 2 disc etc.
    my computer only came with a Toshiba windows disc, so i dont know if it
    worked properly
    --
    Toshiba Satellite A10
    XP Pro

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Why don't you try this repair utility and let us know the results?
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm
    >
    > Alternatively take a look at this.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811165
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >
    > "fatboyvncalaisv8" <fatboyvncalaisv8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:27278377-5AFF-4047-B251-AB61C339D2E6@microsoft.com...
    > >I have read the other posts on this and cant find a solution.
    > > when i try to print a web page etc i get a script error.
    > > it reads
    > > Line: 639
    > > Char: 1
    > > Error: Invalid argument
    > > Code: 0
    > >
    > > it has only just started happening.
    > > i have a toshiba laptop (A10)
    > > running XP Pro
    > > IE 6.0
    > > i have all updates on automatic.
    > > i have an Epson CX3100
    > >
    > > everything worked fine up until a few weeks ago
    > > i haven't changed any settings, and have only installed and the
    > > uninstalled
    > > MSN TOOLBAR.
    > >
    > > i have checked for virus's etc with AVG, Spybot, AD-Aware, Microsoft
    > > spyware
    > > beta etc.
    > > all of these are updated and current, all i can think of is one of the
    > > windows updates has done something.
    > > but microsoft wants $50 just to talk to me on the phone.
    > > thought i would try here first.
    > > cheers
    > > CATS

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP