Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cloud Computing

Last response: in Business Computing
August 11, 2012 5:49:11 AM

Can any one tell, the most important security issue in cloud computing..... and plz also guide which platforms and programming language could be used to implement the algorithm.

More about : cloud computing

August 16, 2012 9:04:48 AM

thomasrogers said:
The most important security issue in cloud computing is that, you never know where your data is kept and who has access to that data. There are inside attackers so anyone related to the cloud service provider can access your data.
For more details of security concerns, go through this article,

http://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/5300-Top-10-Secur...

http://www.onthenetoffice.com/blog/category/cloud-compu...

+100%

Try to keep your data away from cloud computing as long as possible. Services usign Cloud tech is fine as long as you don't save info there or it is not linked to your business network etc (usernames passwords etc)
Related resources
September 11, 2012 1:01:10 PM

I never think that cloud computing is a good thing.
October 4, 2012 11:12:20 AM

There is a number of security issues related with cloud computing but these issues drop into two broad categories: Security issues met by cloud providers and security issues met by their customers. In most cases, the provider must guarantee that their setup is secure and that their client’s data and applications are endangered while the customer must guarantee that the provider has taken the correct security measures to defend their information. For more information about cloud computing, you can go erp on cloud
December 26, 2012 8:39:50 AM

As far as my Knowledge about Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing is not good for storing your data.
January 9, 2013 8:38:13 AM

I agree that the most important issue of cloud computing security is you never know where your data is kept and this one reminds me of most of the it-palvelut or IT services in Finland country where they are specializing cloud computing and explaining what are those issue of cloud computing.
January 9, 2013 11:43:35 AM

Ok, you all are a bunch of people who clearly do not understand cloud computing AT ALL.

Cloud computing is very safe for most businesses. It is especially beneficial to companies that do not or cannot afford to have their own datacenter.

The first question is what data do you want to store on the cloud? That should determine how safe it is to you.

As far as attack vectors, they are the same as if you were hosting your own data. They are likely more secure than your own network as well.

As far as internal threats.. really? That's a far and distant chance at any place, local or remote.

Cloud is very secure. The entire IT world is moving there regardless of what uninformed people think. We are moving to cloud technology and cloud storage because it is more secure, more affordable, higher availability, and better performance to name a few reasons.
January 11, 2013 1:27:46 PM

me too,As far as my Knowledge about Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing is not good for storing your data.
January 14, 2013 1:22:54 PM

riser said:
Ok, you all are a bunch of people who clearly do not understand cloud computing AT ALL.

Cloud computing is very safe for most businesses. It is especially beneficial to companies that do not or cannot afford to have their own datacenter.

The first question is what data do you want to store on the cloud? That should determine how safe it is to you.

As far as attack vectors, they are the same as if you were hosting your own data. They are likely more secure than your own network as well.

As far as internal threats.. really? That's a far and distant chance at any place, local or remote.

Cloud is very secure. The entire IT world is moving there regardless of what uninformed people think. We are moving to cloud technology and cloud storage because it is more secure, more affordable, higher availability, and better performance to name a few reasons.

Hi there,

New to the forum today, some great information on here but saw this and had to post. This guy is completely spot on, and when you think about it, it's logical really.

A datacentre with 24/7 guards, guard dogs, barbed-wire fencing and biometric scanning entry is 100 times more secure than your own office, and the enterprise-level firewalls, intrusion detection methods and banking-level encryption employed by cloud providers is far more secure than most SMEs can afford.

As riser said, cloud offers flexibility and scalability, and far better security, resilience, redundancy and availability than traditional IT rollouts; unfortunately there's a common misconception that it is insecure, and it's my job (in my organisation) to educate companies on the benefits of cloud, hence me posting!

Anyway, hi there! :-)

Thanks,

Ryan Hughes
Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd
January 14, 2013 1:48:54 PM

Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd said:
Hi there,

New to the forum today, some great information on here but saw this and had to post. This guy is completely spot on, and when you think about it, it's logical really.

A datacentre with 24/7 guards, guard dogs, barbed-wire fencing and biometric scanning entry is 100 times more secure than your own office, and the enterprise-level firewalls, intrusion detection methods and banking-level encryption employed by cloud providers is far more secure than most SMEs can afford.

As riser said, cloud offers flexibility and scalability, and far better security, resilience, redundancy and availability than traditional IT rollouts; unfortunately there's a common misconception that it is insecure, and it's my job (in my organisation) to educate companies on the benefits of cloud, hence me posting!

Anyway, hi there! :-)

Thanks,

Ryan Hughes
Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd

Thanks for following up. Since you are a business, I will have our mods review your account and have you listed a business. I think you may need to fill out some info or so to get that title, but we like to have our businesses here listed as that, not just a regular user providing informaton. You may receive a PM in the coming days regarding this status change.

Also, please stick around as a lot of Cloud questions are popping up around here and there are quite a few small businesses on here that could leverage cloud services over supporting their own IT staff and data center. As you know Tom's Hardware does have a large UK and Euro following.
January 14, 2013 1:54:23 PM

riser said:
Thanks for following up. Since you are a business, I will have our mods review your account and have you listed a business. I think you may need to fill out some info or so to get that title, but we like to have our businesses here listed as that, not just a regular user providing informaton. You may receive a PM in the coming days regarding this status change.

Also, please stick around as a lot of Cloud questions are popping up around here and there are quite a few small businesses on here that could leverage cloud services over supporting their own IT staff and data center. As you know Tom's Hardware does have a large UK and Euro following.

Thanks for that riser; happy to stick around as I'm keen to help answer cloud computing, virtualisation, and Unified Communications-related questions. I have these types of discussions every day so happy to help others with it.

Let me know what I need to do my end regarding the status change!

Thanks

Ryan
January 15, 2013 8:12:18 AM

riser said:

Sorry if you can't read the entire article - it is very good.

http://www.cio.com/article/704095/Chevron_s_CIO_Talks_T...

!