Sign in with
Your question

Finding memory clock for x800xt pe version

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 26, 2004 8:34:59 PM

Hello I am new to the boards and i was hoping you could help me with finding the memory clock (speed) for my video card.

I have just installed my new x800xt pe, all is running well. The one problem that I am having is in finding out what speed the cards memory is clocked at. I have found were the core speed is located (overdrive section of the catalyst drivers, 519 MHz). I have looked in all the sections and I can’t seem to find it. I am a noob when it comes to ATI, have been with nvidia for a long time and have finally made the switch.

Even though under the adaptor section it states that I do have the PE version I just want to be completely shore by seeing that the memory clock is indeed at PE speeds. Thank you in advance for your assistance. So far other then this one issue i love the card.
November 26, 2004 8:58:20 PM

In the overdrive section of CCC, you have Graphics Processor Status (the current temperture and Overdrive Level should be around 58c and 520mhz) then you have the Graphics Memory Status (overdrive level 560mhz)

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 26, 2004 9:46:26 PM

In the overdrive section i see the temp and core speed but i do not see anything in reference to the memory speed. There is nothing pertaining to the memory status.
Related resources
November 26, 2004 9:50:31 PM

What driver version are you running, is it the full CCC ver 4.11?

Anyway, open up CCC, and go to help, information center...
then toggle to page relating to Radeon X800XT PE, and it lists details on core and memory.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 26, 2004 10:33:53 PM

I recommend u replace the STock cooler with an Ati Silencer 4
Have one on my XTPE

My Idle temp is 37c and full load never breaks 55c

stock clocks are 520/560
November 26, 2004 11:29:52 PM

I must really be stupid, i am running ver 4.11
I downloaded these drivers today. When you say "CCC" do you just mean, 1 right click on the desktop 2 click properties 3 click settings then click advanced. Or am i missing something. Or is "CCC" a program that i can load.

Makaveli, My temp is arround 40C idle with stock cooling.

Again guys thanks for your help on this, i am such a noob.
November 26, 2004 11:34:05 PM

I mean the ATI Catalyst Control Center

November 26, 2004 11:41:17 PM

After reading your last post i went back to the ATI website and looked under the drivers section and found it. I had only downloaded the driver before, i have now downloaded and installed the CCC program. And yes i can now see both the core and memory speeds. I do indeed have the PE version 520 core and 560 memory.

Again thank you for walking me through this.
November 27, 2004 2:51:36 AM

Good to have helped. BTW, I have that same card, got it from CDW for US$469 ordered in July.

!