X800Pro into X800XT PE

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1371898" target="_new"> Turn your X800 Pro into an XT PE! </A>

Anyone here do this?

From what I have read, there is very little risk, and lots of rewards....

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Awesome!

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
That looks like a really spectacular mod- thanks for posting this!!! I'll wait a few weeks to see if anyone has serious problems with it. Maybe after Christmas I'll buy a Sapphire X800 Pro...

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

RichPLS

Champion
At anandtech, the posters that tried it had no problems, if it doesnt work, reflash back to your old bios...
You only have potiential to gain.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
If ATI and the other manufacturers had gotten they're thumb out of their collective asses lot's of folks wouldn't HAVE to do this just to get a X800 XT PE. But they screwed up the manufacturing pipeline so badly and then switched about a year to early for PCI-E cards so now anyone that wants a X800 XT PE is basically S.O.L....

Sigh....

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

RichPLS

Champion
I got my XT PE for $469

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Do it work with regular saphire x800pro?

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
That's a very good question; I didn't even notice that little error... now I'm confused.

Unlike most x800 pro, Sapphire and other VIVO x800 pro cards, do not come with the pipelines laser cut, only disabled.
The language is confusing- they either mean that

<i>Sapphire VIVO X800 Pros and other VIVO-featured X800 Pros can be unlocked</i>,

or

<i>Standard Sapphire X800 Pros </i>(VIVO or non-VIVO?)<i>, or other vendors' X800 Pros that feature VIVO, can be unlocked.</i>

Where I am clear is that the card must have 1.6ns Samsung GRam, and if it <i>isn't</i> Sapphire, then it must be a VIVO-featured X800 Pro. As to Sapphire, I'm not clear on whether it must have VIVO or not.

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Ok, I just checked Sapphire's website and the "Toxic" X800 Pro has VIVO unlike the standard version. The confusion still stands, however. :frown:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
It seem that only a handfull of card can do it...and VIVO cards are more expensive.

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

So far, with just bios flashing The ViVO cards are needed.
There you have a 98% chance it will work. only other thing to considering will it run stable and Case temps.

I also Highly Recommend Replacing the Ati Stock cooler if your gonna perform this mod.

All the VIVO's I've seen come with 1.6ns Ram.

The non Vivo's X800pro come with 2.0ns Ram

VIVO cores aren't Laser Cut
Pro Cores are.

Have seen some mod the Laser Cut Core but alot more work.

RichPLS

Champion
x800 pro vivo cards are available for $400