Blue Screen Error

ricardo

I have a problem with a blue screen error on shutting down windows xp
professional sp2 on a Dimension 8400. The message reads hardware error
contact vendor parity error. It is being caused by a d-link DWL-G520+
wireless network card. If i disconnect from the router before shutting
windows down everything shuts down properly. But if I am connected to
the router without first disconnecting from the router it blue screens.

Anyone else ever had a similar problem.
TIA
ricardo

"ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with a blue screen error on shutting down windows xp
>professional sp2 on a Dimension 8400. The message reads hardware error
>contact vendor parity error. It is being caused by a d-link DWL-G520+
>wireless network card. If i disconnect from the router before shutting
>windows down everything shuts down properly. But if I am connected to the
>router without first disconnecting from the router it blue screens.
>
> Anyone else ever had a similar problem.
> TIA
> ricardo

Nope, not with that card. ( I had a situation years ago with WinMe and an
Alcatel USB DSL modem ) But I would do 2 things:

1) At desktop, uninstall the card from device manager as well as the
software for it in add/remove programs.

2) Power the system down, unplug - and move the card to another PCI slot.
Then boot and reinstall the software

Smells like a software driver issue. Check the D-Link website for newer
drivers. I've had good luck with their equipment.

Stew

that card is not distributed in the states... but support can be found here
http://support.dlink.com/ and you will be directed to your country of
origin...
the uk site has v3.06 drivers dated 12/8/2004. perhaps they will help.

"ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with a blue screen error on shutting down windows xp
>professional sp2 on a Dimension 8400. The message reads hardware error
>contact vendor parity error. It is being caused by a d-link DWL-G520+
>wireless network card. If i disconnect from the router before shutting
>windows down everything shuts down properly. But if I am connected to the
>router without first disconnecting from the router it blue screens.
>
> Anyone else ever had a similar problem.
> TIA
> ricardo

ricardo

ricardo wrote:
> I have a problem with a blue screen error on shutting down windows xp
> professional sp2 on a Dimension 8400. The message reads hardware error
> contact vendor parity error. It is being caused by a d-link DWL-G520+
> wireless network card. If i disconnect from the router before shutting
> windows down everything shuts down properly. But if I am connected to
> the router without first disconnecting from the router it blue screens.
>
> Anyone else ever had a similar problem.
> TIA
> ricardo
Thanks for your help people but I couldn't solve the problem so I have
now just run a cat5 network cable and gotten rid of the wireless card.

TRENDING THREADS