Problem with start menu list XP Home

I have already posted this question but can't find where, the 2 replies I
received were posted, they were informative but didn't help.
The problem,
I have a lot of programes installed, when I click start/programes the menu
list,
( right hand side ), disapears off the screen, only my a few mm but enough
to be annoying, I've done the thing about resolution, resizing and all of
that, I just need to shift the menu list to the left a fraction, if not
is there a way of making folders within the menu list?
I'm thinking maybe I can reorganising my programes in to folders
thus making the menu list smaller so it will fit the screen.
Manythanks

--
Sandal
2 answers Last reply

    Right click Start button
    Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
    Then open the Programs folder.
    Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
    OR
    You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
    column.
    Right-click the Start button
    Go to Properties
    Click the Customize button.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
    Check that and hit OK.

    Sandal wrote:
    > I have already posted this question but can't find where, the 2
    > replies I received were posted, they were informative but didn't help.
    > The problem,
    > I have a lot of programes installed, when I click start/programes
    > the menu list,
    > ( right hand side ), disapears off the screen, only my a few mm but
    > enough to be annoying, I've done the thing about resolution, resizing
    > and all of that, I just need to shift the menu list to the left a
    > fraction, if not
    > is there a way of making folders within the menu list?
    > I'm thinking maybe I can reorganising my programes in to folders
    > thus making the menu list smaller so it will fit the screen.
    > Manythanks

    Thankyou very very much indeed, 14months of annoyance resolved in 1 min'
    thankyou, thankyou, I would still like to know why list is disapearing
    off the screen, any idears?

    Sandal

    "TaurArian" wrote:

    > Right click Start button
    > Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
    > Then open the Programs folder.
    > Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
    > OR
    > You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
    > column.
    > Right-click the Start button
    > Go to Properties
    > Click the Customize button.
    > Click the Advanced tab.
    > Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
    > Check that and hit OK.
    >

    > Sandal wrote:
    > > I have already posted this question but can't find where, the 2
    > > replies I received were posted, they were informative but didn't help.
    > > The problem,
    > > I have a lot of programes installed, when I click start/programes
    > > the menu list,
    > > ( right hand side ), disapears off the screen, only my a few mm but
    > > enough to be annoying, I've done the thing about resolution, resizing
    > > and all of that, I just need to shift the menu list to the left a
    > > fraction, if not
    > > is there a way of making folders within the menu list?
    > > I'm thinking maybe I can reorganising my programes in to folders
    > > thus making the menu list smaller so it will fit the screen.
    > > Manythanks

Start Menu Windows XP