Accidentally deleted "Show Dekstop" execution file

I accidentally deleted the executable for the "Show Desktop" button in my
Quick Launch bar, and now when I click the shortcut Windows will show me a
browsing message and of course it can't find the file. How do I get back my
"Show Desktop" function?

I must really be stupid, im trying to find out if i can restore files that
were accidently deleted from my floppy disc and are not in my recycle bin,
but i cant even manage to post a reply other than going through someone
else!! Help!!!!!

"soltrdc" wrote:

> I accidentally deleted the executable for the "Show Desktop" button in my
> Quick Launch bar, and now when I click the shortcut Windows will show me a
> browsing message and of course it can't find the file. How do I get back my
> "Show Desktop" function?

Byte

Files deleted from a floppy disk do not go to the Recycle Bin. It will ask you
if you are sure if you want to delete them. That is your last chance. You
can
try a third party app that may bring them back.
Recover and Restore Deleted Files (Line 36) download to floppy (not the same
one you are trying to restore.

Windows Beta Tester and
Programmer WNP

"lisa" wrote:

> I must really be stupid, im trying to find out if i can restore files that
> were accidently deleted from my floppy disc and are not in my recycle bin,
> but i cant even manage to post a reply other than going through someone
> else!! Help!!!!!
>
> "soltrdc" wrote:
>
> > I accidentally deleted the executable for the "Show Desktop" button in my
> > Quick Launch bar, and now when I click the shortcut Windows will show me a
> > browsing message and of course it can't find the file. How do I get back my
> > "Show Desktop" function?

As David said, Show Desktop is not a shortcut, but a shell script. From the
limited information in your post, it looks like the .SCF file association is
corrupt. Try this command from Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"soltrdc" <soltrdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accidentally deleted the executable for the "Show Desktop" button in my
> Quick Launch bar, and now when I click the shortcut Windows will show me a
> browsing message and of course it can't find the file. How do I get back
> my
> "Show Desktop" function?

Show desktop isn't a shortcut. How come yours is?