My new x800 HELO ;-?(

Warface

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
Hey guys, I just signed up here after looking around on the net for help, I just bought a ATI radeon X800 today,I used to have a Radeon 9200 and a Gf 5200 FX 256 mb card and I just replaced it with the x800, I have ran dual displays/monitors on the 2 prior cards i used 5200 and 9200, And I prefer to CLONE my view as to have the same thing on each screen, Well I stared having problems just as soon as i got my x800 installed.

I uninstalled all previous nvidia stuff i had on the machine and uninstalled the 5200 shut down, installed my new x800 and ran the cd and installed everything.

Now I can not get Dual Displays to work..... IT HURTS hehehe, I have been searching for help on this subject for probabally 6 hours now...

The weird thing is that if I uninstall my x800 and software and restart the dual displays work,but i am not able to run any games since i do not have a driver installed,But none the less i have dual displays..... Actaully I have 3 displays since i also have a DLP projector But I need not worry about the projector until i can get dual displays to work with the drivers installed...

Furthermore when I read the documentation for the x800 it refers to a clone button to clone the screens, problem is I do not have a "CLONE" button, and when I say that the x800 will not work when i have the drivers installed, it just wont clone... and all i see on my 2nd display is my wallpaper for windows and on the 1st display I see a NORMAL windows environment. ALSO when i identify the displays the numbers 1 and 2 come up on each screen like they should, but not my icons or any programs, Could some one try to help me figure out what is wrong with my x800, My 9200 and 5200 did fine for dual display , but not when it came to gaming, so i upgraded,But I can not use the projector until the secondary display will work.

I have tried switching the monitors between ports, one of my monitors is a 19 inch sceptre LCD with DVI and analog etc, I prefered the DVI connection and the other i used standard VGA port, I switched them with an adapter with no results, Could some one PLEASE hel me, I have been looking all day to try to get this figured out..... again, I get a NORMAL windows environment and a 2nd display showing ONLY my wallpaper, with no drivers installed on this card I get perfect dual display in wondows, but i can not run any games with it this way.

Thanks alot !

Dave-Warface
Finaltouch5@Comcast.net

Warface

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
well I have still been messing around with the X800 and I can get it to the point where I can click and drag a program to the other screen, But I am still not abot to CLONE the two displays yet, As I mentioned, when I dont have a driver installed for the x800 and its just a standard VGA adapter, I am able to get dual functioning displays by default, altough with no drivers, I am not able to play any games... I just dont get why my Radeon 9200 64mb and my 5200 Geforce 256 meg card did the dual display wit no hitch, but this expensive x800 gives me the most trouble.... Just though I would update my findings, I am still looking to get these displays into a CLONE mode like on my previous cards...

Dave-Warface
Finaltouch5@Comcast.net

RichPLS

Champion
Did you install hydravision, this controls dual display options.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>