Patriot SSDs Offer 10-Year Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Nice... but it will breaks before 10 years...[/citation]
Well, if they're still in business after replacing half their sold products twice over, you should be able to get a new one when yours dies.

G

No one will care that it has 10 years. Who had a drive for that long? I have a drive that is 2 years old and it is stupidly small compared to what can be bought now.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]08nwsula[/nom]maybe in 10 years I will be able to afford it[/citation]
I sure hope these things get affordable but a better warranty from Patriot gets hats off.

ricin

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Could be a final act of desperation - if they're about to file bankruptcy, what do they have to loose? OTOH, maybe they just know their SSDs are that good. I'm leaning more towards the desperation idea.

tychoblu

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
About flippin' time that an ssd company is going to include a $15 bracket with a $400 drive. 10 year warranty is just good sense, the drives will last passed my normal life time and that of most computer companies...

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
"...however the Torqx series should offer better stability than hard drives found on the market today..."

ummm, whadya mean, kev?

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
That's pretty dope that they're giving backwards coverage. It's nice that that they're doing that to take care of their original customers rather than just shaft those initial buyers that helped fund their R&D on the new drives.

What I'm wondering is what is covered? a complete failure? How about the drive becoming filled up and no more data may be written (inability to rewrite sectors already written to)? Or drastic reduction in performance over time that I understand is inevitable for SSD's at this point.

I doubt its like the Walfart auto batteries.

mavroxur

Distinguished
It's funny, the company could put a 30 year warranty on it if they wanted to. If it breaks 8-9 years down the road, technology will have come so far by then it'll be a $10-20 drive by then. They're still in the black by a mile.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Thats brilliant. Sell it for 500 dollars today and they'll probably only have to spend 20 to replace it if it breaks in 10 years.

themike

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
If you arent thinking about a SSD as your only drive but more like a 64 or 128 GB to have windows with a couple of apps and maybe a game or 2, it'll be affordable very very soon. The good 64 GB SSDs are about 200$ now, they were 400$ only a couple month ago. I consider that 100$ as affordable for a SSD for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.