Making the screen brighter

I know there is a button on the monitor that can make the screen brigther and
it is turned up full. However the screen is very bright, I know there is some
way of turning it up on the computer itself, but can't remember how, can
anyone help.

Right-Click on a blank location on the desktop, and choose properties.
Click the Settings tab at the top of the window.
Down near the bottom, choose the ADVANCED button.

Somewhere in there you will find the settings you need... I believe that
you need to choose the tab with the name of your graphics card on it....

"batwalker" <batwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know there is a button on the monitor that can make the screen brigther
and
> it is turned up full. However the screen is very bright, I know there is
some
> way of turning it up on the computer itself, but can't remember how, can
> anyone help.

Byte

That is usually not a feature of the videocard, but the monitor itself. If you
have no buttons on the front or side of the monitor check on the rear for
a button called "Brightness" or maybe "Contrast".
--
Windows Beta Tester and
Programmer WNP

"batwalker" wrote:

> I know there is a button on the monitor that can make the screen brigther and
> it is turned up full. However the screen is very bright, I know there is some
> way of turning it up on the computer itself, but can't remember how, can
> anyone help.

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

batwalker wrote:
> I know there is a button on the monitor that can make the screen brigther and
> it is turned up full. However the screen is very bright, I know there is some
> way of turning it up on the computer itself, but can't remember how, can
> anyone help.

If the screen was originally OK, it may be getting a little
"tired". There are ways to tweak a dimming monitor, but it
involves opening the case, which you probably don't want to
do. A competent monitor repair man may be able to help

Cheers,

Cliff