XP Home -freeze up

Tags:
  • Windows XP
May 26, 2005 10:31:43 AM

my PC screen keeps freezing up - no crashes - just freezes with mouse
pinter and screen locked... CTRL/ALT/DEL does nothing...I have to press
RESET to do warm boot...

Have checked CPU - motherboard - HD temps -AOK
Extensive RaM testing - AOK
Latest graphic card driver - AOK
No viruses /trojans/etc.... AOK

....I've got XP Home with all latest upgrades and SP2

all software works fine... just this intermittent FREEZe (sometimes
once or twice a day - sometimes more - sometimes goeas all day with no
freeze....?)

Can freeze at anytime while working....

Was thinking about reinstalling XP over existing XP - (don't really
want to re-format and re-install everything..)

Is this WISE ? - Is it worth it ??

More about : home freeze

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:32:14 PM

Don't need to format or reinstall. there is a recoverytool that fixes problem
like registry, try using it.
Reboot hit F8..... follow steps for recovery mode.
First try this
start>run>sfc /scannow
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"advid" wrote:

> my PC screen keeps freezing up - no crashes - just freezes with mouse
> pinter and screen locked... CTRL/ALT/DEL does nothing...I have to press
> RESET to do warm boot...
>
> Have checked CPU - motherboard - HD temps -AOK
> Extensive RaM testing - AOK
> Latest graphic card driver - AOK
> No viruses /trojans/etc.... AOK
>
> ....I've got XP Home with all latest upgrades and SP2
>
> all software works fine... just this intermittent FREEZe (sometimes
> once or twice a day - sometimes more - sometimes goeas all day with no
> freeze....?)
>
> Can freeze at anytime while working....
>
> Was thinking about reinstalling XP over existing XP - (don't really
> want to re-format and re-install everything..)
>
> Is this WISE ? - Is it worth it ??

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:02:04 PM

Try turning off Windows Update and any update program that accesses the net
automatically. I had exactly the same problem - same system.

"Nicoliani â„¢" wrote:

> Don't need to format or reinstall. there is a recoverytool that fixes problem
> like registry, try using it.
> Reboot hit F8..... follow steps for recovery mode.
> First try this
> start>run>sfc /scannow
> http://www.fast-rewind.com
> ---------------------------------------
>

> "advid" wrote:
>
> > my PC screen keeps freezing up - no crashes - just freezes with mouse
> > pinter and screen locked... CTRL/ALT/DEL does nothing...I have to press
> > RESET to do warm boot...
> >
> > Have checked CPU - motherboard - HD temps -AOK
> > Extensive RaM testing - AOK
> > Latest graphic card driver - AOK
> > No viruses /trojans/etc.... AOK
> >
> > ....I've got XP Home with all latest upgrades and SP2
> >
> > all software works fine... just this intermittent FREEZe (sometimes
> > once or twice a day - sometimes more - sometimes goeas all day with no
> > freeze....?)
> >
> > Can freeze at anytime while working....
> >
> > Was thinking about reinstalling XP over existing XP - (don't really
> > want to re-format and re-install everything..)
> >
> > Is this WISE ? - Is it worth it ??

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:55:36 PM

....my computer can freeze up at any time of the day (my update is automatic
and set to 3-00pm)... would this still have an effect ..???

!