Undeletable desktop icon

Hi
Until recently I had the PC Suite from Nokia installed on my Laptop. When I
uninstalled the suite the desktop icon remained and I cannot delete it. When
right clicking on that icon there is no "delete" in the drop down box and
highlighting properties achieves nothing. I have run various spyware/adware
detection programs and my system is clean. Also I have search my system for
any "nokia" file and can find nothing except the desktop icon in desktop. I
have also tried deleting it from My Computer and Explorer but to no avail.
Very grateful to any guru that may hold an answer.
--
Enjoy Life and excel in all you do

PJC

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Try running Desktop Cleanup.

Right click on your desktop and in "Arrange Icons By" menu Select "Run
Desktop Cleanup Wizard"

"PJC" <PJC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Until recently I had the PC Suite from Nokia installed on my Laptop. When
> uninstalled the suite the desktop icon remained and I cannot delete it.
When
> right clicking on that icon there is no "delete" in the drop down box and
> highlighting properties achieves nothing. I have run various
spyware/adware
> detection programs and my system is clean. Also I have search my system
for
> any "nokia" file and can find nothing except the desktop icon in desktop.
> have also tried deleting it from My Computer and Explorer but to no avail.
> Very grateful to any guru that may hold an answer.
> --
> Enjoy Life and excel in all you do
>
> PJC

H PJC,

From an administrator account follow this path, if the file is there
delete it if you can.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

PJC wrote:
> Hi
> Until recently I had the PC Suite from Nokia installed on
> my Laptop. When I uninstalled the suite the desktop icon
> remained and I cannot delete it. When right clicking on
> that icon there is no "delete" in the drop down box and
> highlighting properties achieves nothing. I have run
> various spyware/adware detection programs and my system
> is clean. Also I have search my system for any "nokia"
> file and can find nothing except the desktop icon in
> desktop. I have also tried deleting it from My Computer
> and Explorer but to no avail. Very grateful to any guru
> that may hold an answer.

TRENDING THREADS