Wireless - distance

I have a CNet Access-point and different vendors of USB wireless clients.
All clients works fine inside my house. It is said that I can use my
wireless equipment within 100 meters, and I have tried to set up a client
around 70 meters away from my house (neighbour) - with nothing between the
two houses. This is not working - meaning that I am not able to receive any
signals from my access-point.

What should I do to strengthen the signals - making it possible to receive
"good" signals at the mentioned distance.

AF

"Arne Fredriksen" <apfred@online.no> wrote in

> What should I do to strengthen the signals - making it possible to
> receive "good" signals at the mentioned distance.

Try adding an antenna or worst case you may need a wifi signal amplifier.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

If possible try to pass the signal trough windows.
Mine goes at an acute angle trough two sets of double glazed and leaded
windows with 75n in between.
Using Draytek Vigor 2600We and Orinoco USB adapters.
Regards,
Martin